The Scholarship for Academic Merit of International Students is open to young international students, this scholarship opportunity is available to eligible new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree.
The East Tennessee State University Scholarships Eligibility.
- Apply for admission to ETSU undergraduate admission
- Admission of graduates
- You must have or plan to obtain an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 visa information, J-1 visa information).
- A record of academic achievement has been proven.
The scholarship will be awarded to all applicants who meet the following criteria:
- At least a 3.0 high school GPA on a U.S. 4.0 scale (freshmen)
- At least a 3.0 undergraduate GPA on a U.S. 4.0 scale (undergraduate applicants and graduates)
- Applicants for a scholarship will receive a notification of the award in the acknowledgment of receipt. Students wishing to accept a scholarship must complete and submit a scholarship acceptance form within three weeks of the date specified in the letter of admission.
The Value of the Scholarship in the Academic Year.
- Undergraduate students: up to $ 12,500
- Master students: up to 11,500 USD
Undergraduate students: up to 8 semesters, if the minimum eligibility requirements are maintained.
Graduate students: five semesters for beneficiaries who want to obtain a master’s degree or correspond to the duration of the program.
The scholarship may not be combined with other scholarships that cover tuition costs (Creative Arts, Disciplinary Awards, Grad Assistantship.
Graduate Tuition Scholarship, Government Funding, Fulbright Scholarships, etc.) The scholarship cannot be used if students pay for state or Erate tuition.
Other conditions as indicated in the acceptance form.
Students who are not eligible for a merit scholarship:
- Applicants for a second bachelor’s degree, if the previous bachelor’s degree was awarded by ETSU.
- Master’s students receiving a graduate assistant or study scholarship
- Students receiving any other ETSU study scholarship
- Students paying in-state or Erate tuition.
- Students applying for the M.D. and PharmD programs
- Students who do not have legal F-1 or J-1 status