Table of Contents Hide
What is Gilder Lehrman Fellowship
The Gilder Lehrman Institute is pleased to declare the lunch of the John Winthrop Fellowship with a Focus on Colonial History. John Winthrop, a relative of the Massachusetts Bay Colony’s first lead representative, John Winthrop, whose 1634 letter depicting life in Boston is in the Gilder Lehrman Collection, is subsidizing this cooperation with an emphasis on the pilgrim time.
Researchers who are keen on applying for this association should tap on the How to Apply connect for additional guidelines.
The Gilder Lehrman Institute gives yearly momentary exploration cooperation in the amount of $3000 each to doctoral candidates, school and college personnel at each rank, and autonomous researchers working in the field of American history.
Global researchers are qualified to apply. Beginning around 1994, the Gilder Lehrman Institute has granted an aggregate of 683 cooperation.
- Required Language: English
- Place of Study: USA
- Gender: Male and Female
Fellows are Required to Submit the Following
- Complete their research within two years of notification of the award
- Meet the Director of the Scholarly Fellowship Program at the Gilder Lehrman Institute during their research trip to New York City, or schedule a conversation online
- Submit an essay of 750–1000 words on their topic, plus a separate paragraph documenting the archival collections consulted during the term of the Fellowship
How to Apply For Gilder Lehrman Fellowship
CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT
- A project proposal (2–5 pages) including current contact information, a list of primary sources to be consulted, and an anticipated budget. This year, special attention will be given to topics on colonial America; the history of slavery and abolition; and the Cold War. Preference will be given to applicants in these fields, although projects on all aspects of American history are welcome.
- A curriculum vitae (of any length)
- Two letters of recommendation from established scholars
Applications must be submitted online by Friday, September 23, 2022. All applicants will be notified of their status by Friday, October 14, 2022.
For more information about this fellowship contact
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (646) 366-9666, ext. 129
Fax: (646) 366-9669