Table of Contents Hide
- Courses you can Apply for
- Required Amount
- Knowledge of English
- Documents you’ll need to apply
- Apply for a Uk Student Visa.
If you are an international student who has the interest to study abroad, choosing the United Kingdom as an option is the best decision to make, the reason is that the United Kingdom has emerged as one of the global centers of learning with a quality educational system.
In this article, I will take you through the benefits, procedures for applying for UK students Visa.
Table of Content.
It is true that it’s not every person who applies for a UK student visa gets it, the UK student visa varies according to the age range you fall into, Individuals from the age range of 18 and above can comfortably apply for a UK student visa here.
If you are of the age range of 4-17years there is a UK student visa meant for you which is called the UK child student visa, you may be eligible to have this visa once you meet up with the expected requirement for this visa.
Minimum Requirement for applying for a Student UK visa.
- The applicant shall be able to speak, read, and understand English.
- The applicant shall have enough funding for the course of study, this amount varies depending on the activities related to your course of study.
- The applicant must have been offered a course of study by a licensed student sponsor
- Your guardian shall be aware of the visa application, but ONLY if you are applying for a UK Child Student visa.
Are you looking for a fully-funded scholarship opportunity close to you? you can apply for The FutureLearn Change the World Scholarship now.
For Families in the EU, Switzerland, Iceland Norway, or Liechtenstein
For the above-mentioned countries, if your family is living in the UK by 31 December 2020, you may be able to apply to the free EU Settlement Scheme.
The deadline for this opportunity is 30 June 2021 but not applicable for every individual.
Check your eligibility to apply for the free EU Settlement Scheme here.
Courses you can Apply for
As stated before earlier the applicant must have an offer of a place on a course with a licensed student sponsor.
Your Educational provider will send you a reference number (called a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), this (CAS) signifies as proof that you are eligible for the application.
N: B you are expected to apply for your visa within six months of receiving your (CAS).
Courses you Can Study as an International Student in the UK.
In this overview, I will explore the courses you are eligible to apply for as an international student applying for a Uk student visa.
- A full-time course that will lead you to a qualification that’s below degree level (RQF level 3, 4, or 5).
- You can also study a part-time course that leads to a qualification that’s above degree level (RQF level 7 or above).
- You can fit yourself into a recognized foundation programme for postgraduate doctors or dentists.
- A full-time course leading to a qualification that’s degree level or above (RQF level 6, 7 or 8)
- A full-time course at degree level or above (RQF level 6,7 or 8) that’s equivalent to a UK higher education course.
- An English language course at level B2 is required or above in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
About Your CAC
Once you have been offered a place on your course, your Educational provider will send you a reference number (called a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), this (CAS) number must be entered in your visa documentation during application.
Many students in the university both at the national and international level who drop out were at the problem of financial aid.
Before thinking about applying for a UK visa ensure you have a strong financial funding source, that could lead you to the period of your study, which comprises some school-related activities and also personal activity and liking could be a challenge.
Every student needs money to pay for courses that is been offered in the academic section of year 1. The amount you need to pay will be on your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
Personal Support Fund
Ensure you have a strong personal support funding system that could lead you through your academic years. unless you’ve been in the UK with a valid visa for at least 12 months on the date of your application.
How much you will need determines the place where you are studying this varies with different factors.
- £1,334 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses in London
- £1,023 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses outside London
If you’re from a country listed under the ‘differential evidence requirement’
You do not need to prove you have enough money to support yourself if you’re a British national overseas or from one of the following countries.
- Republic of Cyprus
- Czech Republic
- The Dominican Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United States of America
For more inquiry check here
Knowledge of English
You Must prove a good knowledge of English if you are not among the following listed countries below:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- the Bahamas
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
Documents you’ll need to apply
When you apply for a student visa you must provide these required documents
- A current visa or other substantial travel documentation
- A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your course supplier
You may likewise have to provide these:
- Evidence you have sufficient cash to help yourself and pay for your course – this will change contingent upon your conditions
- A substantial ATAS declaration if your course and ethnicity require it
- Confirmation of parental or another lawful gatekeeper assent in case you’re under 18
- Confirmation of your relationship to your parent or gatekeeper in case you’re under 18
- Your tuberculosis test results
- Composed assent for your application from your monetary support on the off chance that you’ve gotten sponsorship for your course charges and living expenses over the most recent a year
In case you’re under 18 applying for a UK child student visa
In case you’re under 18 you’ll require composed assent from the two guardians or legitimate parent (or one parent in the event that they have sole liability).
This should incorporate their assent for:
- your visa application
- your living and care game plans in the UK
- your movement to the UK
You’ll likewise have to give a duplicate of your introduction to the world authentication (or another government-provided record) that shows the names of your folks.
Do you wish to study under scholarship coverage you can apply for the 2021 Aaron Minc Scholarship now.
Apply for a Uk Student Visa.
All UK student visa is applied online so you must do the needful by checking here documents that you will need.
Apply outside the UK
As a feature of your application, you’ll need to provide your identity. How you do this relies upon where you’re from and what kind of identification you have.
You will either:
- give your fingerprints and a photo (biometric data) at a visa application focus
- utilize the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ application to filter your character report – you’ll likewise make or sign in to your UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) account
- You’ll be determined what you need to do when you apply.
- Whenever you’ve begun your application, you can save your structure and complete it later.
What amount of time it requires to get a choice
You’ll typically get a choice within 3 weeks.
In the event that you need to give your biometric data at a visa application focus, you might have the option to pay to get a quicker choice. Check if your visa application focus offers quicker choices and different administrations.
Apply inside the UK
You might have the option to apply to:
You’ll be reached if your application is mind-boggling and will take more time, for instance in light of the fact that:
- your supporting records should be checked
- you need to go to a meeting of your own conditions (for instance in the event that you have a criminal conviction)
- Tips to Apply for Bonafide Certification for Scholarship.
- AAUW International Fellowship Program 2022.
- Kizi Annual $2,000 Scholarship Award.
- Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowships.
For more information about the UK student visa, visit the UK Official Government page here: