Table of Contents Hide
- About The Schlumberger Foundation fellowship
- Scholarship Coverage
- Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Program Eligibility Criteria
- Tips About Schlumberger Foundation Faculty
- Schlumberger Foundation Faculty Web Portal
- Scholarship Summary
- How to Apply for Schlumberger Foundation fellowship
- Editor’s Recommendation
Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship has been a reason for a smile in so many students who are less privileged in their educational carrier.
The Schlumberger Foundation fellowship faculty for the future fellowship is currently open for individuals who want to apply for a fellowship program
In this article, we will expose you to how to what the Schlumberger Foundation fellowship is about, its application process, and other relevant pieces of information you need to know.
Table of Content:
About The Schlumberger Foundation fellowship
The Faculty for the Future is a program launched in 2004 to aid both national and international students in their academics, at the time of start they award scholarships to developing countries in Ph.D. or post-doctoral research in science. technology, engineering, and mathematic at top universities in the world.
Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship is a fully funded fellowship program for both National and International students, this scholarship is subdivided into two sections:
- The Ph.D. award program: Worth $50,000
- The Post-doctoral award program: $40,000
If eventually, you become a successful applicant in this fellowship program Schlumberger Foundation Faculty will offer you the listed award and benefits below:
- Schlumberger Foundation Faculty offers applicants under Ph.D. an award of $50,000 for their fellowship program which comprises the research program, tourism, personal need, necessary books for the program, and so on.
- Schlumberger Foundation Faculty, under the program of post-doctoral study, offers successful applicants the sum of $40,000, which comprises their college research program and other necessities.
- Schlumberger Foundation Faculty renew your grants by ensuring, good performance from the student, with a good recommendation from their supervisors.
Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Program Eligibility Criteria
Applicants for the Schlumberger Foundation Faculty shall meet up with the below-listed criteria.
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Required Language: English
- Female applicants who are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy where women
are underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
disciplines*. You are not eligible to apply if you hold dual citizenship of which is the citizenship of a developed country.
- (N.B. If you have been awarded a Faculty for the Future grant and after the award, you obtain citizenship of a developed country, the grant will be discontinued as of
the date of such additional citizenship);
- Applicants preparing for a Ph.D. degree or post-doctoral research in a STEM discipline. The Faculty for the Future program does not fund Master level studies;
- Students enrolled, admitted, or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad
(applications are no longer accepted where a candidate has not yet applied to a university).
- If you are applying for a sandwich course the final degree must be awarded by the Host University abroad or jointly (i.e., but not solely from the home country university);
- Applicant must hold an excellent academic record;
- Applicants shall be willing to go back to their home country or region upon completion of their studies to contribute to its socio-economic development;
- Applicant must have a proven record of teaching experience in your home country and can demonstrate your commitment to going back home to i) an academic or research position in a STEM faculty; ii) and/or to use your knowledge to become a STEM entrepreneur to help resolve regional
challenges in your local community/region; iii) and/or to demonstrating leadership by contributing to the public sector using your scientific skills to help provide evidence-based support for STEM policymaking, including topics of gender representation;
- You are to demonstrate leadership skills, active community outreach, and have a track record in encouraging girls and women into STEM.
If you do not meet the above criteria, please do not apply for a grant, as your application will not be retained in the selection process.
Also, Apply for General Motor Scholarship Program worth $25,000
Tips About Schlumberger Foundation Faculty
Faculty for the Future focuses on developing and emerging countries where women are underrepresented in STEM disciplines. Qualifying a country as advanced, developing or emerging, is a complex and often controversial topic.
Faculty for the Future does not draw on one single source or list but constitutes its eligible country list from a number of sources which allows incorporation of development status with regard to science, gender, and education for example.
The most significant sources drawn upon are the UN Human Development Index (HDI), the UN Gender Inequality Index (GII), the UNESCO Institute of Statistics (UIS), Female and Education Ratio (FER) including indicators of female participation in STEM in tertiary education and the UIS STEM enrolment in Tertiary Education.
The Faculty for the Future country list is reviewed every year and as levels of development fluctuate, a country may be on the list one year and not on the list the following year, and vice versa.
Also, Apply for Expressvpn Scholarship Program worth $5,000.
Schlumberger Foundation Faculty Web Portal
Applicants who have already registered on the Schlumberger Foundation Faculty web page can log in using their user name and password on the Schlumberger Foundation Faculty official page linked here.
Note: that the username is the one generated by the system during your registration.
Type of Study: PhD (Doctoral) / Postdoctoral
Institution: Top Universities worldwide
Study In: All Country
Focus Area: Science, Technology, Engineering Mathematics, Physics, and Biology.
Application Deadline: November 05, 2021.
How to Apply for Schlumberger Foundation fellowship
Follow the guidelines as listed below to apply for Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship:
- Create a personal account on the Schlumberger Foundation Faculty application page here
- You will be sent a verification message via your email address click on the verify link to get verified.
- Hover back to their page and log in using the details used while sighing up.
- Click on the button “YOUR APPLICATION” for 2022.
- From here you are good to go, upload and submit the forms required.
Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future is a good option to choose for individuals who want to have the best in the academic. APPLY NOW!
For more info visit the Schlumberger Official website here: